Gilmore Girls is a TV show about a mother and daughter who are best friends, who navigate life together in their small town of Stars Hollow. It also happens to be one of my favorite shows. So when I heard that there was a book tag, I knew I had to do it. On to the tag!
1. Lorelai- A character with a witty or sarcastic sense of humor: Evie O’Neill from The Diviners trilogy by Libba Bray. I’m currently re-reading the first book, and I love Evie’s sharp wit, especially considering the book takes place in the 1920s when that kind of talk wasn’t proper for a woman!
2. Rory- Favorite classic: Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
3. Luke- A book you secretly love, but are afraid to admit: I don’t really think there any books like this, because I am very open about my book-ish likes and dislikes.
4. Lane- A musical character: Jude from The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes. He’s a character that has so very little, and has gone through so much, and yet is able to create some sense of joy for himself and for Minnow through only a guitar and his own voice.
5. Dean- Your first book love (character or book you first loved): Hermione Granger from Harry Potter of course!
6. Sookie- A book you’ve devoured: There are so many, but the one the two that come to mind are The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. I started the first book the night of Christmas and stayed up all night reading. Promptly after that I began reading (and finished) the sequel.
7. Jess- A book you love, that gets the most hate: The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
8. Miss Patty- A book that was ruined by the hype: Again, there are so many books, but The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I probably would have liked it a bit more had it not been the most hyped up book on the planet.
8. Emily Gilmore- An expensive book: The illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone is $40 and though I don’t own it as of yet, I would probably buy it if it were a bit cheaper!
9. Paris- An uptight character: Matthias Helvars from the Six of Crows duology. Matthais isn’t uptight exactly, but he’s a bit stiffer than the other characters, and takes more time to be at ease than the rest of the crew. It makes sense, since he’s the only escaped convict.
I’d love to know your answers as well, and for those who have watched Gilmore Girls, how well do you think the tag represents each character? I’d say it captures some characters pretty well, but others not so much.
That’s all for now, and happy reading!